CABLE BLOWİNG SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
The Fiber Optical Cable Blowing Machine is a pneumatic device, using pressurized air to project cable at high velocities.
This equipment must only be used by authorized personnel who have been suitably trained and competent to do so.
These instructions are to be made available to operators of this equipment at all times. Failure to observe these safety instructions could result in se-rious personal injury and or property damage
Please observe the following precautions when operating the Cable Blowing Machine:
1) Compressed air can cause flying debris. This could cause personal injury. Always wear
personal protective equipment.
2) Ensure no personnel are in the manhole at the far end of the cable run. Severe personal injury may result.
3) Never open the air chamber when pressurized.
4) Only authorized, fully trained personnel should operate the air compressor.
5) Read and understand the operation and maintenance manual supplied with this equipment. Keep it in a convenient place for future reference.
6) Keep children and untrained personnel away from this equipment while in operation.
7) Keep all guards and safety devices in place. Do not operate this equipment with guards removed or damaged.
8) Keep hands, feet and loose clothing away from moving parts, especially at cable entry points.
9) Check cable blowing machine before starting for worn or damaged parts. Check that all nuts and bolts are tight.
10) If machine is left unattended, ensure that unauthorized use is prevented.
11) Never leave the machine unattended while in used.
12) Consider the use of safety barriers, especially when used in public places.
13) Beware of hot surfaces, machine uses compressed air.
12) When operating machine always wear eye protection, hard hat, safety shoes and leather gloves, machine operates with compressed air at 175 psi (12 bar) .
13) Some component and assembly parts are in excess of 55 lbs. (25kg). When lifting care must be taken, ensure sufficient man power/lifting gear is available, to prevent personal injury and damage to the machine.
14) Prior to installation ensure the sub-duct route is connected properly.